Modeling of People Flow in Public Transport Vehicles
Nowadays, there is a big necessity of modeling groups of people behavior. The knowledge of crowd dynamics is very useful in developing different facilities. The article contains a description of a model of passengers flow in public transport vehicles. The model is created on the basis of tram NGT-6, used by MPK SA in Krakow (Public Transport Company). The model proposed is based on Cellular Automata Technology combined with Multi-Agent theory. The interactions among passengers (agents) are included. The dimensions and the shape of an agent make it possible to take into account the real behavior of a passenger.
KeywordsCellular Automaton Cellular Automaton Cellular Automaton Model Cellular Automaton Model Pedestrian Movement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fukui, M., Ishibashi, Y.: Self-organized phase transitions in CA-models for pedestrians. J. Phys. Soc. Japan, 2861–2863 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Blue, V., Adler, J.: Bi-directional emergent fundamental flows from cellular automata microsimulation. In: Proceedings of ISTTT, Amsterdam, pp. 235–254 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Dijkstra, J., Jessurun, A.J., Timmermans, H.: A multi-agent cellular automata model of pedestrian movement. In: Pedestrian and evacuation dynamics, pp. 173–181. Springer, Berlin (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Dijkstra, J., Jessurun, A.J., Timmermans, H.: A multi-agent cellular automata system for visualising simulated pedestrian activity. In: Proceedings of TPICA 2000, pp. 29–36 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Klüpfel, H.: Cellular automaton model for crowd movement and egress simulation, Doc. thesis Duisburg-Essen (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Gloor, C., Stucki, P., Nagel, K.: Hybrid techniques for pedestrian simulations. In: Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Cellular Automata for Research and Industry, Amsterdam, pp. 581–590 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Narimatsu, K., Shiraishi, T., Morishita, S.: Acquisiting of local neighbour rules in the simulation of pedestrian flow by Cellular Automata. In: Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Cellular Automata for Research and Industry, Amsterdam, pp. 211–219 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Wąs, J., Gudowski, B.: The application of cellular automata for pedestrian dynamic simulation. Automatyka Journal AGH-UST, Kraków, 303–313 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Wąs, J., Gudowski, B.: Simulation of strategical abilities in pedestrian movement using Cellular Automata. In: Proceedings of 24th IASTED MIC Conference, Innsbruck, pp. 549–553 (2005)Google Scholar