ClusteriX Data Management System and Its Integration with Applications
Grid applications deal with large volumes of data. As a consequence, effective data management solutions are vital for grids. The Clusterix Data Management System (CDMS) has been developed after a careful analysis of end-user requirements and existing implementations. A special attention has been paid to making the system user-friendly and efficient, aiming at the creation of a reliable and secure Data Storage System. For example, taking into account network parameters, CDMS tries to optimize data throughput via replication and replica selection techniques. Another key feature considered during the development is fault tolerance. In CDMS the distributed operation model and modular design assure elimination of single point of failure. In particular, multiple instances of the data broker are running concurrently, and their coherence is ascertained by the synchronization subsystem. This paper presents the concept and details of implementation of data management mechanisms adopted in CDMS, as well as its integration with applications.
KeywordsData Transfer Sequence Diagram Grid Environment Grid Infrastructure Storage Element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.ClusteriX Project Home Page, http://clusterix.pcz.pl
- 4.GLOBUS Toolkit Homepage, http://www.globus.org/toolkit
- 5.GridSphere Project Home Page, http://gridsphere.org
- 6.gSOAP Project Home Page, http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~engelen/soap.html
- 7.Karczewski, K., Kuczynski, L., Wyrzykowski, R.: Secure Data Transfer and Replication Mechanisms in Grid Environments. In: Proc. Cracow Grid Workshop - CGW 2003, Cracow, pp. 190–196 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Karczewski, K., Kuczynski, L., Wyrzykowski, R.: CDMS - ClusteriX Data Management System. In: Proc. Cracow Grid Workshop - CGW 2004, Cracow, pp. 241–247 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.SDSC Storage Resource Broker, http://www.sdsc.edu/srb/
- 11.Slota, R., Skital, L., Nikolow, D., Kitowski, J.: Algorithms for Automatic Data Replication in Grid Environment (this volume)Google Scholar
- 13.Wyrzykowski, R., Meyer, N., Stroinski, M.: Concept and Implementation of ClusteriX: National Cluster of Linux Systems. In: Proc. LCI Int.Conf. on Linux Clusters: The HPC Revolution 2005, Chapel-Hill, NC (April 2005)Google Scholar