Alchemi+: An Agent-Based Approach to Grid Programming
Computational grids have provided the usage of computational distributed resources for computation intensive applications. The development of programs that use these capabilities is one of the challenging issues for grid computing. In this article, an effort has been made to solve this problem by presenting mobile-agent-based parallel programming on the grid. The presentation of this model which has been realized by extending AlchemiTM grid system with adding agent properties and navigational commands that let user to develop his program by using mobile agents. To evaluate the system, algorithms of matrix multiplication and convex hull have been implemented in the mentioned system.
KeywordsMatrix Multiplication Grid Computing Mobile Agent Parallel Programming Grid Infrastructure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Cabri, G., Leonardi, L., Zambonelli, F.: Weak and Strong Mobility in Mobile Agent Applications. Universitá di Modena e Reggio Emilia Via Campi, ITALY (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Cao, J., et al.: Agent-Based Resource Management for Grid Computing. In: 2nd IEEE Int. Sym. on Cluster Computing and the Grid, pp. 350–351 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Foster, I., Kesselman, C.: The Grid: Blueprint for a New Computing Infrastructure. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Fukuda, M., Tanaka, Y., Suzuki, N., Bic, L., Kobayashi, S.: A Mobile-Agent-Based PC Grid. Active Middleware Services, 142–150 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Globus project web site, University of Chicago (2002), http://www.globus.org
- 7.Luther, A., Buyya, R., Ranjan, R., Venugopal, S.: Alchemi: A .NET-based Grid Computing Framework and its Integration into Global Grids. U. of Melbourne (2003)Google Scholar