Location-Aware Agent Using Data Mining for the Distributed Location-Based Services
Currently, one of the popular topics of research is location-awareness. Adding this function to location-based services provides necessary information to the user within the location to be aware of the user’s position. But some LBS have insufficiencies of providing relevant information to the mobile subscriber. In this research, we proposed a location-aware agent that interacts with the LBS and provides location-aware service by adding a of data mining task. This agent extracts additional information by deploying a mobile agent in the database of LBS and mines the data. To make our approach efficient, we used a data mining method that extracts the relevant information according to the user agent profiles. This enables the proposed system to select information and summarizes the result of location-aware data for the user.
KeywordsData Mining Geographic Information System Mobile User Mobile Agent User Profile
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jensen, C.: Research Challenges in Location-Enabled M-Services. In: Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Mobile Data Management, pp. 3–7 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Fischmeister, S.: Mobile Software Agents for Location-based Systems. Available at, www.old.netobjectdays.org/pdf/02/papers/ws-ages/0934.pdf
- 6.Mateo, R.M., Lee, J.W., Kwon, O.: Hierarchical Structured Multi-agent for Distributed Databases in Location Based Services. The Journal of Information Systems, Special Issue 14, 17–22 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Ranganathan, A., Al-Muhtadi, J., Chutan, S., Campbell, R., Mickunas, D.: MiddleWhere: A Middleware for Location Awareness in Ubiquitous Computing ApplicationsGoogle Scholar
- 8.Gerardo, B.D., Lee, J.W., Joo, S.: The HCARD Model using an Agent for Knowledge Discovery. The Journal of Information Systems, Special Issue 14, 53–58 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Black, K., Currey, J., Kangasharju, J., Lansio, J., Raatikainen, K.: Wireless Access and Terminal Mobility in CORBA. Available at, http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/formal/telecom_wireless.htm
- 11.Bellavista, P., Corradi, A., Stenfalli, S.: Mobile Agent Middleware for Mobile Computting. Computer Journal, 73–81 (March 2001)Google Scholar