Multi-channel Estimation in Multiple Antenna MB-OFDM UWB System for Home Entertainment Network
The speedy dissemination of digital consumer electronics devices within home and personal area causes increments of multimedia communication and advent of entertainment networking. This feature of communication requires high data-rate transmission. In order to meet the demand, in this paper, a high-speed MB-OFDM system, proposal of 802.15.3a standard for WPAN, employing layered space-time architecture is considered for possible WPAN applications. The MB-OFDM system with multiple antennas increases the transmission rate efficiently with low multiplication operations. With an emphasis on a preamble design for multi-channel separation, we address a channel estimation in MB-OFDM with MIMO antenna system. By properly designing each preamble for multiple antennas to be orthogonal in time domain, the channel estimation can be applied to the MB-OFDM proposal for IEEE 802.15.3a standard in the case of more than two transmitting antennas.
KeywordsChannel Estimation Multiple Input Multiple Output Channel Impulse Response Multiple Input Multiple Output OFDM Symbol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IEEE 802.15 WPAN high rate alternative PHY Task Group 3a (TG3a) [Online]. Available, http://www.ieee802.org/15/pub/TG3a.html
- 2.Saberinia, E., Tewfik, A.H.: Multi-user UWB-OFDM Communications. IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications 1(1), 127–130 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, Q., Rusch, L.A.: Multiuser Detection for DS-CDMA UWB in the Home Environment. IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications 20(9), 701–1711 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Multi-band OFDM Physical Layer Proposal for IEEE 802.15 Task Group 3a, IEEE802.15-03/268r2 (January 2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Saberinia, E., Tewfik, A.H., Kai-Chuan, C., Sobelman, G.E.: Analog to digital converter resolution of multi-band ofdm and pulsed-ofdm ultra wideband systems. Proc. CCSP 32(22), 787–790 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Li, Y.G., Winters, J.H., Sollenberger, N.R.: Signal detection for MIMO-OFDM wireless communications. Proc. IEEE int. Conf. Commun. 10, 3077–3081 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Marzetta, T.: BLAST training: Estimating channel characteristics for high-capacity space-time wireless. In: Proc. of 37th Annual Allerton Conf., Monticello, pp. 958–966 (September 1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Sun, Q., Cox, D.C., Huang, H.C., Lozano, A.: Estimation of continuous flat fading MIMO channel. In: Proc. of WCNC 2002, pp. 189–193 (March 2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Jeon, W.G., Paik, K.H., Cho, Y.S.: Two-dimensional pilot-symbol-aided channel estimation for OFDM system with transmitter diversity. IEICE Trans.Commun. E85-B(4), 840–844 (2002)Google Scholar