Design and Implementation of Semantic Web Search System Using Ontology and Anchor Text
The World Wide Web has incurred the problem that users are not necessarily provided with the information they want to receive, at a time when the amount of information is explosively increasing. Therefore, W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) proposes the Semantic Web as the new web paradigm to present semantic information and study browser systems that use ontology to perform their tasks. However, these systems do not necessarily provide correct information, particularly when users are trying to show relevant information, or information they are not familiar with. Therefore, the authors of this paper propose that the Semantic WebGraph system should be used to present semantic information, using ontology to query language, and also to show relevant information using Anchor Text in web pages. Such a system forms a Semantic Web base search engine that can get relevant information, as well as information about queried language.
KeywordsSemantic Information Resource Description Framework Query Language Index Table Query Engine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Berners-Lee, T.: Semantic Web, W3C (2000), http://www.w3.org/2000/Talks/1206-xml2k-tbl/
- 3.Berners-Lee, T., Hendler, J., Lassila, O.: Scientific American article: The Semantic Web. Scientific American issue (May 17, 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Dzbor, M., Domingue, J., Motta, E.: Magpie: Towards a Semantic Web Browser. In: Proc. of the 2nd Intl. Semantic Web Conf (ISWC), Florida, USA (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Domingue, J., Dzbor, M., Motta, E.: Magpie: Supporting Browsing and Navigation on the Semantic Web. In: Proc. of Intl. Conf. on Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI), Portugal (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Quan, D., Karger, D.R.: How to Make a Semantic Web Browser. In: Proceedings International WWW Conference, New York, USA (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Brin, S., Page, L.: The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hypertextual Web Search Engine. In: Proceeding of the 7th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW7) (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Choi, J.-Y.: Employing Search System by Conceptual Graph using Hyperlink in Internet, Chung-Ang University 90th Master’s Thesis (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.Cho, N.-D.: Design and Implementation of Keyword Extraction Algorithm of Search Engine Using Anchor Text and TFIDF, Chung-Ang University 94th Master’s Thesis (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Ko., S.-i.: Automatic Generation of Concepts in Concept-based Search System, Chung-Ang University 100th Master’s Thesis (2003)Google Scholar