A TMO-Based Tele-operation Model: Supporting Real-Time Applications in Grid Environments
We frequently need to access geographically distributed remote instruments, experimental equipments, databases, human resources with respect to real-time in grid computing environments. In the real world, it is very difficult to implement real-time models in uncontrolled distributed environments and to support well-defined interfaces from real-time systems to external systems. We propose an easy-to-use TMO-based tele-operation model with less strict real-time constraints in grid environments. Using the proposed model, we design and develop a TMO-based tele-operation system for real industrial applications used for construction instruments, space probing instruments, etc.
KeywordsGrid Environment Main Thread User Interface Domain Construction Field Grid Computing Environment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.TMOSL_v4.0_manual_draft, http://dream.eng.uci.edu/TMOdownload/
- 2.Kim, K.H.: APIs for Real-Time Distributed Object Programming. IEEE Computer, 72–80 (June 2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Kim, K.H.K., Liu, J., Ishida, M., Kim, I.: Distributed Object-Oriented Real-Time Simulation of Ground Transportation Networks with the TMO Structuring Scheme. In: Proc. COMPSAC 1999 (IEEE CS Computer Software & Applications Conf.), Phoenix, AZ, pp. 130–138 (October 1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Kim, K.H.: Real-Time Object-Oriented Distributed Software Engineering and the TMO Scheme. Int’l Jour. of Software Engineering & Knowledge Engineering (2), 251–276 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, K.H.: Object Structures for Real-Time Systems and Simulators. IEEE Computer, 62-70 (August 1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Schmidt, D., Kuhns, F.: An overview of the Real-time CORBA Specification. IEEE Computer special issue on Object-Oriented Real-time Distributed Computing, 56–63 (June 2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Real-Time for Java Experts Group, Real-time Specification for Java, Version 0.9.2 (March 29, 2000), http://www.rtj.org/public