Loss Reduction in Distribution Networks Using Cyclic Best First Search
Network reconfiguration in distribution systems is realized by changing the status of sectionalizing switches, and is usually done for loss reduction or load balancing in the system. This paper presents an effective heuristic based switching scheme to solve the distribution feeder loss reduction problem. The proposed algorithm consists of two parts. One is to set up a decision tree to represent the various switching operations available. Another is to apply a proposed technique called cyclic best first search. The proposed algorithm identifies the most effective the set of switch status configuration of distribution system for loss reduction. To demonstrate the validity of the proposed algorithm, numerical calculations are carried out the 32 bus system models.
KeywordsGoal Node Distribution Network Switching Operation Loss Reduction Power Delivery
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cinavanlar, S., Grainger, J.J., Yin, H., Lee, S.S.H.: Distribution feeder reconfiguration for losses reduction. IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery PWRD-3, 1217–1223 (1988)Google Scholar
- 3.Baran, M.E., Wu, F.F.: Network reconfiguration in distribution systems for loss reduction and load balancing. IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery PWRD-4, 1401–1407 (1989)Google Scholar
- 4.Lin, W.M., et al.: An effective algorithm for distribution feeder loss reduction by switching operations. IEEE Trans on Power Delivery, 597–602 (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Shirmohammandi, D., Hong, H.W.: Reconfiguration of electrical distribution networks for resistive line losses reduction. IEEE Trans. On Power Delivery 4(2) (1989)Google Scholar
- 9.Lin, W.-M.: Distribution feeder reconfiguration with refined genetic lgorithm. IEE Proc-Gener. Transm.Distrib 147(6) (November 2000)Google Scholar