A Monitoring and Visualization Tool and Its Application for a Network Enabled Server Platform
Monitoring grid platforms has recently gained a wide interest. This kind of platform highly distributed accross different domains leads to several design and implementation problems. We have designed a new monitoring platform and visualization tool adapted for Network Enabled Server systems. This environment, highly tunable for different middleware platform has been successfully validaded on the DIET platform. In this paper, we present its architecture and main features as well as details of the validation on the DIET environment and experimental results on a large scale grid platform.
KeywordsVisualization Tool Diet Component Gantt Chart Service Serv Grid Platform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Antoniu, G., Bougé, L., Jan, M.: Juxmem: An adaptive supportive platform for data sharing on the grid. Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience 6(3), 45–55 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Arnold, D., Agrawal, S., Blackford, S., Dongarra, J., Miller, M., Sagi, K., Shi, Z., Vadhiyar, S.: Users’ Guide to NetSolve V1.4. Computer Science Dept. Technical Report CS-01-467, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN (July 2001), http://www.cs.utk.edu/netsolve/
- 3.Caron, E., Desprez, F.: Diet: A scalable toolbox to build network enabled servers on the grid. Technical Report 2005-23, Laboratoire de l’Informatique du Parallilisme (LIP) (June 2005), Also available as INRIA Research Report RR-5601Google Scholar
- 4.Caron, E., Desprez, F.: DIET: A Scalable Toolbox to Build Network Enabled Servers on the Grid. International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications (2006) (to appear)Google Scholar
- 7.LogService, http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/DIET/logservice.html
- 8.Massie, M.L., Chun, B.N., Culler, D.E.: The Ganglia Distributed Monitoring System: Design, Implementation, and Experience. Parallel Computing (2003) (submitted)Google Scholar
- 9.Matsuoka, S., Casanova, H.: Network-Enabled Server Systems and the Computational Grid, Grid Forum, Advanced Programming Models Working Group whitepaper (draft) (July 2000), http://www.eece.unm.edu/~dbader/grid/WhitePapers/GF4-WG3-NES-whitepaper-draft-000705.pdf
- 10.Nakada, H., Sato, M., Sekiguchi, S.: Design and Implementations of Ninf: towards a Global Computing Infrastructure. Future Generation Computing Systems, Metacomputing Issue 15(5-6), 649–658 (1999), http://ninf.apgrid.org/papers/papers.shtml