Adaptive Multi-carrier Direct-Sequence CDMA System Using Fast-Frequency-Hopping
A novel adaptive Fast Frequency Hopping based MC-DS/CDMA is proposed to improves the performance in the frequency selective fading channel. The FH/MC DS-CDMA scheme achieves the diversity gain the frequency diversity gain as well as the time diversity gain. The proposed system can achieve the frequency diversity gain provided by Fast Multi-carrier hopping, and the proposed system creates the time diversity gain with maximum ratio combining (MRC) at the Rake receiver. Therefore, the performance of this Fast FH MC-DS/CDMA is improved compared to the conventional MC-CDMA in the frequency selective fading channel.
KeywordsOrthogonal Frequency Division Multiplex Diversity Gain Maximum Ratio Combine Rake Receiver Frequency Selective Fading Channel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hara, S., Prasad, R.: Overview of Multicarrier CDMA, IEEE Communications Magazine (December 1997)Google Scholar
- 2.Yang, L.-L., Hanzo, L.: Slow Frequency- hopping Multicarrier DS-CDMA over Nakagami Multipath Fading Channels. IEEE JSAC (July 2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Yang, L.-L., Hanzo, L.: Blind Joint Soft-detection Assisted Slow Frequency-Hopping Multicarrier DS-CDMA. IEEE Trans. Commun. (September 2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, Q., Sousa, E.S., Pasupathy, S.: Multicarrier CDMA with adaptive frequency hopping for mobile radio systems. IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun. (December 1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Kondo, S., Milstein, L.B.: Performance of multicarrier DS CDMA systems. IEEE Trans. Commun. (Febrauary 1996)Google Scholar
- 6.Lajos Hanzo, L.-L., Yang, E.-L., Kuan, K.: Single and Multi-Carrier DS-CDMA: Multi-User Detection. ch.1 Space-Time Spreading, Synchronisation and Standards, Book (September 2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Yang, L.-L., Hanzo, L.: Multirate Transmission in Frequency-Hopping Multicarrier Direct-Sequence Code-Division Multiple Access Systems. IEEE Trans. Commun. (2001)Google Scholar