Metrics Design for Software Process Assessment Based on ISO/IEC 15504
In the current marketplace, there are maturity models, standards methodologies and guideline that can help an organization improve the way it does business. Software process assessment models, ISO/IEC 15504 and CMMI provide a tool to assess your organization’s software development capability. Experienced assessors make these assessments. However these models don’t supply systematic metrics for software process assessment. Therefore the assessors have used their subjective estimations for quantitative measurement in their software process assessment. This paper defines the basic metrics and presents the standard metrics in categories of process defined by ISO/IEC 15504 to assess software process quantitatively and objectively. In addition, presents an essential guideline to identify your organization’s condition by suggesting a process maturity assessment metrics to apply the standard metrics to your organizations.
KeywordsProcess Capability Standard Metrics Requirement Elicitation Metrics Design Life Cycle Process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kim, G.J.: International standard for SPICE S/W process assessment. Software Engineering Review 10(4), 58–71 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Hwang, S.-M.: Analysis of Relationship among ISO/IEC 15504,CMM, and CMMI. In: SERA 2003, San Francisco (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Jalote, P.: CMM in Practice. SEI Series in Software Engineering (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Ahern, D.M., Clouse, A., Turner, R.: CMMI distilled. SEI Series in Software Engineering (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Azuma: Software Quality Evaluation System: Quality Models Metrics and Processes - International Standards and Japanese Practice. Information and Software Technology (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Song, K.-W.: Research about confidence verification of KPA question item through SEI Maturity Questionnaire’s calibration and SPICE Level metathesis modeling. In: SERA 2003, San Francisco (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Hwang, S.-M.: A design of configuration management practices and CMPET in common criteria based on software process improvement activity. In: Laganá, A., Gavrilova, M.L., Kumar, V., Mun, Y., Tan, C.J.K., Gervasi, O. (eds.) ICCSA 2004. LNCS, vol. 3043, pp. 481–490. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.A Study on Metrics for Supporting the Software Process Improvement based on SPICE Google Scholar
- 11.ISO/IEC 14598-1,2,3,4 Information Technology Software Product Evaluation (1999)Google Scholar
- 12.ARC. 2000. Assessment Requirements for CMMI, Version 1.0 CMU/SEI-2000-TR-011. Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA (2000)Google Scholar