Content Delivery with Spatial Caching Scheme in Mobile Wireless Networks
Future wireless/mobile system will be served streaming service to support various applications. In this environment, users can access all the required information whenever and wherever they may be. In this paper, we proposed a new scheme that minimizes the network bandwidth consumption and the service blocking rate in mobile network. Our proposed scheme consists of location estimation and caching strategy. To estimate node’s current location, we use hexagonal cellular based plane and cascading dynamic address scheme which make mobile equipments, mobile router (MR) and mobile node (MN), calculate the distance from sender and estimate the existence possibility of the alternative route toward sender. The service blocking can be minimized by using caching strategy. In evaluation, we examined our proposed scheme in the view of the total network bandwidth consumption and the connecting probability as well as the impact of each cache capacity. From simulation results, we confirm that the proposed scheme offers substantially better performance.
KeywordsMobile Node Access Point Cache Data Mobile Wireless Network Mobile Router
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Tsai, J.T.-C., Chen, T., Gerla, M.: QoS routing performance in mulithop, multimedia wireless network. In: Proc. IEEE ICUPC 1997 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Pack, S., Choi, Y.: A study of performance of hierarchical mobile IPv6 in IP-based cellular networks. IEICE Trans. Commun. E87-B(3), 462–469 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Eriksson, J., Faloutsos, M., Krishnamurthy, S.: Scalable ad hoc routing: the case for dynamic addressing. In: Proc. of IEEE Infocom 2004 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, K., Nahrstedt, K.: Effective location-guided overlay multicast in mobile ad hoc networks. International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Computing (IJWMC), Special Issue on Group Communications in AD Hoc Networks 3 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Cao, G., Yin, L., Das, C.R.: Cooperative cache-based data access in ad hoc networks. IEEE computer 37(2), 32–39 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Lim, S., Lee, W.C., Cao, G., Das, C.R.: Performance comparison of cache invalidation strategies for internet-based mobile ad hoc networks. In: IEEE international conference on mobile ad hoc and sensor systems (MASS), October 2004, pp. 104–113 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Pack, S., Choi, Y.: A study of performance of hierarchical mobile IPv6 in IP-based cellular networks. IEICE Trans. Commun. E87-B(3), 462–469 (2004)Google Scholar
- 14.Gupta, P., Kumar, P.R.: Critical Power for Asymptotic Connectivity in Wireless Networks. A Volume in Honour of W.H. Fleming in Stochastic Analysis, Control, Optimization and Applications (1998)Google Scholar
- 15.Breslau, L., Cao, P., Fan, L., Phillips, G., Shenker, S.: Web Caching and Zipf-like Distributions: Evidence and Implications. In: Proc. of the Conf. on Computer Commun (IEEE Infocom), New York (March 1999)Google Scholar