A Study on the Application of BPM Systems for Implementation of RosettaNet Based e-Logistics
With the progress of globalization, supply chains of enterprises have expanded to cover the whole world, and in such environment, enterprises have placed various efforts to enhance the efficiency of their supply chains. For efficient management of supply chains, a number of enterprises have implemented VMI processes and have started to employ TPL as a way of strategic outsourcing. There also have been recent efforts to connect VMI processes with TPL via IT technologies to enhance competitiveness. In such e-Logistics programs, international e-commerce standards such as RosettaNet can be used as a means to intensify the control of logistics and inventory information, but still has limitations in that causal relationship between PIPs are not fully described to execute VMI processes with TPL. This study intends to overcome such limitations by implementing a content based document routing function that connect the RosettaNet B2B system to the BPM system. Furthermore, to monitor the PIP instance’s causal relationship, a multi-PIP monitoring system has been developed, which in turn will facilitate the management and control of higher level BPM processes. The results of this study are already being applied to e-Logistics programs of a Korean company, and runs successfully in production mode.
KeywordsSupply Chain Business Process Demand Forecast Purchase Order XPath Query
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Paraiso, D.: Implementing EDI. Macmillan Computer Publisher, NYC (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.RosettaNet, RosettaNet Technical Basis, RosettaNet White Paper (2004), http://www.rosettanet.org/RosettaNet/Doc
- 8.RosettaNet, Automating through RosettaNet, Intel Information Technology White Paper (Janaury 2003), http://www.rosettanet.org/RosettaNet/Doc
- 10.Lee, S.Y.: A study on the facilitation of Third-Party Logistics in Korea. Seoul National Univ. Management Graduate School, Dissertation Thesis (1999)Google Scholar
- 12.RosettaNet, RosettaNet Implementation Framework: Core Specification V02.00.01 (March 6, 2002), http://www.rosettanet.org
- 13.Workflow Management Coalition, The Workflow Reference Model, TC00-1003 (Janaury 19, 1995), http://www.wfmc.org/standards/docs/tc003v11.pdf