The Performance Analysis of UWB System for the HD Multimedia Communication in a Home Network
In this paper, we propose the UWB system as a wireless HD multimedia transmission technology in a home network. We examine the piconet of UWB system and analyze the performance by using the development kit in a real office and empty space environments.
KeywordsMedium Access Control Federal Communication Commission Home Network Wireless Personal Area Network Contention Access Period
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.FCC(Federal Communication Commission), 02-48 UWB Report & Order Released (April 22, 2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Texas Instruments et al., Multi-band OFDM Physical Layer Proposal for IEEE 802.15 Task Group 3a, IEEE P802.15-03/268r2 (November 2003)Google Scholar
- 5.IEEE P802.15 Working Group for Wireless Personal Area Networks(WPANs), DS-UWB Physical Layer Submission to 802.15 Task Group 3a (July 2004)Google Scholar
- 6.IEEE Std 802.15.3, Wireless Medium Access Control(MAC) and Physical Layer(PHY) Specifications for High Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks(WPANs) (June 2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Wireless Developer Kit Hardware User’s Guide, XSUWBDKUG Rev. 1.6 FreescaleTM Semiconductor (Janaury 2005)Google Scholar