CTL Model Checking for Boolean Program
Nowadays, there are some subtle errors in a software system. So verification technique is very important. The one of important verification technique is model checking technique. Model checking is a technique to verify behavior of system with desired property. There are many researches about software model checking. As a result, predicate abstraction techniques are proposed and many tools for C or Java are developed. In general, there are two types of properties: The first is the safety properties. And other one is liveness properties. Most software model checking tools can only verify safety properties. In this paper, we describe CTL model checking algorithm based on Boolean program and describe model checking tool for Simple Java program which used in Lego robot to verify liveness property. Our model checking tool can check not only safety property but also liveness property and we describes case study verifying safety property and liveness property of LEGO robot.
KeywordsModel Check Safety Property Program Counter Liveness Property Computation Tree Logic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Clarke, E.M., Guumber, O., Peled, D.A.: Model Checking. The MIT Press, Cambridge (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Graf, S., saidi, H.: Construction of Abstraction State Graphs with PVS. In: Proceedings of Computer Aided Verification, pp. 72–83 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Henzinger, T.A., Jhala, R., Majumdar, R., sutre, G.: Lazy Abstraction. In: Proceeding of Principles of Programming Languages, pp. 58–70 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Corbett, J., et al.: Bandera: Extracting Finite-state Models from Java Source Code. In: Proceedings of Internal Conference Software Engineering (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Emerson, E.A.: Temporal and modal logic. The Handbook of Theoretical Computer Science: Formal Models and Semantics, pp. 955–1072. Elsevier, Amsterdam (1990)Google Scholar
- 9.Farrari, G., Gombos, A., Hilmer, S., Stuber, J.: Programming Lego Mindstorms with Java: The Ultimate Tool for Mindstorms Maniacs, Syngress (April 2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Eisner, C.: Model Checking the garbage collexction mechanism of SMV. Electronic Notes in Theoretical computer Science, vol. 55. Elsevier Science Publishers, Amsterdam (2001)Google Scholar