A Coordination Algorithm for Deciding Order-Up-To Level of a Serial Supply Chain in an Uncertain Environment
This study proposed a method for coordinating the order-up-to level inventory decisions of isolated stations to cooperatively compensate loss in supply chain performance in a serial supply chain due to unreliable raw material supply. Doing so will improve the customer refill rate and lower the production cost within an uncertain environment in which the chain is highly decentralized, both material supply and customer demand are unreliable, and delay incurs in information flow and material flow. The proposed coordination method is then compared to single-station and multiple-station order-up-to policies. Simulated experiments reveal that our proposed method outperforms the others and performs robustly within a variety of demand and supply situations.
KeywordsSupply Chain Fuzzy Membership Function Review Period Material Supply Downstream Station
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Parker, R.P., Kapuscinski, R.: Managing a non-cooperative supply chain with limited capacity, Yale School of Management (2001), http://welch.som.yale.edu/researchpapers/
- 2.Thirumalai, R.: Multi criteria - multi decision maker inventory models for serial supply chains, PhD dissertation, Industrial Engineering, Penn State University (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.PowerSim Corporation PowerSim, Reference Manual (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Law, A.M., Kelton, W.D.: Simulation modeling and analysis. McGraw-Hill, Inc., New York (1991)Google Scholar
- 15.Russell, S., Norvig, P.: Artificial intelligence: a modern approach. Prentice Hall International, Englewood Cliffs (2003)Google Scholar