An Efficient Management of Network Traffic Performance Using Framework-Based Performance Management Tool
As the network-related technology develops the number of both internet users and the usage are explosively increasing. The networking traffic is increasing in the campus as the networking system inside universities, following the trend, adds more nodes and various networking services. Nonetheless, the quality of services for users has been degraded. Accordingly, core problems, which can cause troubles for network management, design and expansion of the network, and the cost policy, have developed. To effectively cope with the problems an analysis of a great number of technicians, tools, and budget are needed. However, it is not possible for mid and small-sized colleges to spend such a high expenditure for professional consulting. To reduce the cost and investment of creating an optimized environment, analysis of the replacement of the tools, changing the network structure, and performance analysis about capacity planning of networking is necessary. For this reason, in this paper, framework-based performance management tools are used for all steps that are related to the subject of the analysis for the network management. As the major research method, the current data in detailed categories are collected, processed, and analyzed to provide a meaningful solution to the problems. As a result we will be able to manage the network, server, and application more systematically and react efficiently to errors and degrading of performance that affect the networking tasks. Also, with the scientific and organized analyses the overall efficiency is upgraded by optimizing the cost for managing the operation of entire system.
KeywordsPerformance Analysis Network Traffic Network Management Enterprise Environment Simple Network Management Protocol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Choi, S.-M., Byoun, W.-S., Yoo, C.-J., Kim, Y.-S., Chang, O.-B., Tae, G.-Y.: Network Traffic Performance Analysis using Framework-based Integrated Management System. In: Proceedings of The 30th KISS Spring Conference(B), vol. 30(1), pp. 145–147 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Choi, S.-M., Tae, G.-Y., Yoo, C.-J., Chang, O.-B.: An Efficient Management of Network Traffic using Framework-based Performance Management Tool. Journal of KISS:Computing Practices 11, 224–234 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Cho, S.-H., Kim, C.-S.: A Review of Measurement/Analysis and Management Method of Network Traffic. Power Engineering 8(3) (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Wan, T.C., Goh, A., Ng, C.K., Poh, G.S.: Integrating Public Key Cryptography into the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) Framework. Proceedings of TENCON 3, 271–276 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Nishiyama, S., Ono, C., Obana, S., Suzuki, K.: Distribution Transparent MIB based on MSA(Management System Agent) Model. In: Proceedings of Parallel and Distributed Systems, pp. 478–485 (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Liebeherr, J., Tai, A.: A Protocol For Relative Quality-of-Service in TCP/IP-Based Inter Networks. In: Proceedings of Architecture and Implementation of High Performance Communication Subsystems, pp. 62–65 (1995)Google Scholar
- 9.Ansari, F., Acharya, A.: A Framework for Handling Route Changes and Aggregation in IPSOFACTO. In: Proceedings of Global Telecommunications Conference, pp. 3751-3756 (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.Cisco Systems, Inc., Software Configuration Guide For Cisco 3600 Series RoutersGoogle Scholar
- 11.CISCO, http://www.cisco.com/kr/
- 12.MRTG, SLP, http://www.gcc.go.kr/biz/biz.asp