An Efficient Authentication Mechanism for Fast Mobility Service in MIPv6
Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) for a mobile node should be accomplished by home domain when the mobile need continuous service on a visited network. The related recent studies have shown their drawback in the performance of AAA procedure. This study suggests a novel approach extending to the Fast Handoff scheme, which will shorten authentication delay by using Assertion mechanism. It allows mobile nodes to access visited network resources efficiently. Our model with Assertion process is an efficient approach employing authentication procedure through mutual and secure authentication between the Visit AAA servers. Especially, when the distance or the network delay between V_AAA and Home Agent (HA) become longer, it outperforms rather than the previous approaches. The proposed scheme verifies its significant efficiency in terms of cost analysis through several simulated experiments.
KeywordsMobile Node Home Agent Home Network Mobile IPv6 Internet Engineer Task Force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Perkins, C.: IP Mobility Support, IETF RFC 2002 (October 1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Lee, S.-Y., Huh, E.-N.: An Efficient Performance Enhancement Scheme for Fast Mobility Service in MIPv6. In: Gervasi, O., Gavrilova, M.L., Kumar, V., Laganá, A., Lee, H.P., Mun, Y., Taniar, D., Tan, C.J.K. (eds.) ICCSA 2005. LNCS, vol. 3480, pp. 628–637. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Dupont, F., Bournelle, J.: AAA for Mobile IPv6, draft-dupont-mipv6-aaa-01.txt, Internet Draft, IETF (November 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Alfano, F.M.: Requirements for a QoS AAA Protocol, draft-alfano-aaa-qosreq-01.txt, Internet Draft, IETF (October 2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Karim El-Malki, E.: Fast Handoffs in MIPv6,draft-elmalki-handoffsv6-00.txt, Internet Drafit, IETF (September 2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Jain, R., Raleigh, T., Graff, C., Bereschinsky, M.: Mobile Internet Access and QoS Guarantees using Mobile IP and RSVP with Location Registers. In: Proc. ICC 1998, Conf., Atlanta, pp. 1690–1695 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Pack, S., Choi, Y.: Performance Analysis of Fast Handover in Mobile IPv6 Networks. In: Proc. IFIP PWC 2003, Venice, Italy (September 2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Calhoun, P.R., Guttman, E., Arkko, J.: Diameter Base Protocol, draft-ietf-aaa-diameterGoogle Scholar
- 11.Calhoun, P., Perkins, C.: Mobile IP Network Access Identifier Extension for IPv4, RFC 2794, IETF (March 2000)Google Scholar