Hierarchical Cluster Configuration Scheme for Scalable Ad Hoc Networks
Ad hoc wireless networks can be deployed quickly anywhere and, unlike mobile switching, do not rely on a fixed infrastructure, such as base stations. Hierarchical techniques have long been known to afford scalability in networks. In this paper, we describe a cluster-routing protocol based on a multilayer scheme in ad hoc networks. This paper assesses the scalability, with respect to increasing node count, of hierarchical routing in mobile ad hoc networks. This work provides scalable in ad hoc networks. We present detailed cluster head selection algorithm of ad hoc routing protocols. Our proposed protocol, called ‘Control cluster head Algorithm based on Hierarchical Cluster’ (CAHC) for ad hoc networks. The CAHC strategy takes advantage of a hierarchical architecture that is designed for scalable cluster head (CH) using new concept of control cluster head (CCH) scheme.
KeywordsCluster Head Cluster Head Node Cluster Head Selection Cluster Base Rout Protocol Minimal Performance Cost
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jiang, M., Li, J., Tay, Y.C.: Cluster based routing protocol (CBRP). Functional specification, IETF Internet Draft, MANET working group, draft-ietf-manet-cbrp-spec-01.txt (August 1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Basagni, S.: Distributed clustering for ad hoc networks. In: Proceedings of the 1999 International Symposium on Parallel Architectures, Algorithms, and Networks, pp. 310–315 (June 1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Sucec, J., Marsic, I.: Clustering overhead for hierarchical routing in mobile ad hoc networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), New York (March 2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Steenstrup, M.: Cluster-Based Networks. In: Perkins, C.E. (ed.) Ad Hoc Networking, ch. 4. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Kleinrock, L., Kamoun, F.: Hierarchical routing for large networks. Computer Network 1(3), 155–174Google Scholar