Local Source Routing Based Route Optimization in Nested Mobile Networks
Network Mobility (NEMO) is concerned with managing the mobility of an entire network and included one or more Mobile Routers (MRs) which are connected as gateways to the Internet. This paper proposes a mechanism for route optimization in nested NEMO by using local source routing with uni-direction tunneling. Our scheme focuses on minimizing the number of tunnels required outside the NEMO when there are multiple levels of nesting. The simulation results demonstrate that the proposed scheme is well adapted for supporting route optimization over existing NEMO’s bi-directional tunneling scheme.
KeywordsPacket Delay Route Optimization Access Router Mobility Anchor Point Mobile Router
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Johnson, D., Perkins, C., Arkko, J.: Mobility Support in IPv6, RFC 3775 (June 2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Ernst, T., Lach, H.-Y.: Network Mobility Support Terminology, draft-ietf-nemo-terminology-01.txt (February 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Devarapalli, V., Wakikawa, R., Thubert, P.: Nemo Basic Support Protocol., RFC 3963 (January 2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Ernst, T., Uehara, K., Mitsuya, K.: Network Mobility from the InternetCAR perspective. In: 17th International Conference Advanced Information Networking and Applications, AINA 2003, pp. 19–25 (March 2003)Google Scholar
- 5.IETF NEMO WG, http://www.mobilenetworks.org/nemo
- 6.Ng, C., Zhao, F., Watari, M., Thubert, P.: Network Mobility Route Optimization Solution Space Analysis, draft-ietf-nemo-ro-space-analysis-01 (October 2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Narten, T., Nordmark, E., Simpson, W.: Neighbor Discovery for IP Version 6 (IPv6)., RFC 2461 (December 2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Soliman, H., Castelluccia, C., El-Malki, K., Bellier, L.: Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 mobility management (HMIPv6), RFC 4140 (August 2005)Google Scholar
- 9.The VINT Project, The UCB/LBNL/VINT Network Simulator-ns (version2), http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns
- 10.MobiWAN: NS-2 extensions to study mobility in Wide-Area IPv6 Networks, http://www.inrialpes.fr/planete/pub/mobiwan/