NeMRI - Based Multicasting in Network Mobility
Mobile IP is a solution to support mobile nodes but it does not handle NEtwork MObility (NEMO). The NEMO Basic Support  ensures session continuity for all the nodes in the mobile network. Since the protocol is based on Mobile IP, it inherits the same fundamental problem such as tunnel convergence, when supporting the multicast for NEMO. In this paper, we propose the multicast route optimization scheme in NEMO environments. Assume that the Mobile Router (MR) has a multicast function and the Nested Mobile Router Information (NeMRI). The NeMRI is used to record a list of the CoAs of all the MRs located below it. And it covers whether MRs desire multicast services. Any Route Optimization scheme can be employed here for pinball routing. Therefore, we achieve optimal routes for multicasting based on the given architecture. We also propose cost analytic models to evaluate the performance of our scheme. We observe significantly better multicast cost in NEMO compared with other techniques such as Bi-directional Tunneling, Remote Subscription, and Mobile Multicast based on the protocol .
KeywordsMobile Node Mobile Host Home Agent Multicast Group Correspondent Node
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Devarapalli, V., Wakikawa, R., Petrescu, A., Thubert, P.: Network Mobility (NEMO) Basic Support Protocol, RFC 3963 (January 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Janneteau, C., et al.: IPv6 Multicast for Mobile Networks with MLD-Proxy, Internet Draft, draft-janneteau-nemo-multicast-mldproxy-00.txt (April 2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Lee, K.-J., et al.: Route Optimization for Mobile Nodes in Mobile Network Based on Prefix Delegation, IETF Internet Draft (June 2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Montenegro, G.: Bi-directional tunneling for Mobile IP, Internet Draft, Mobile IP Working Group, Sun Microsystems Inc. (September 1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Harrison, T.G., Williamson, C.L., Mackrell, W.L., Bunt, R.B.: Mobile Multicast (MoM) Protocol: Multicast Support for Mobile Hosts. In: Proc. ACM/IEEE MOBICOM 1997, pp. 151–160 (September 1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Thubert, P., Molteni, M.: IPv6 Reverse Routing Header and its application to Mobile Networks, IETF Internet Draft (June 2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Thubert, P., Ohnishi, H., Paik, E.: Taxonomy of Route Optimization models in the NEMO Context, Internet Draft, draft-thubert-nemo-ro-taxonomy-04 (February 2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Wakikawa, R., et al.: ORC: Optimized Route Cache Management Protocol for Network Mobility. In: IEEE ICT 2003, vol. 2, pp. 1194–1200 (March 2003)Google Scholar