Lightweight Bindings for Mobile Routers
NEtwork MObility (NEMO), which supports a moving network of mobile devices, has only recently appeared. In this paper, the Route Optimization (RO) problem on both single and nested Mobile Networks, is studied. There are several well-known heuristics [1, 6, 7, 10, 11], which attempt to solve the RO problem in the Mobile Network. However, these schemes do not entirely solve the problem, because of the additional overhead of supporting RO in the Mobile Network. In this paper, a new Binding Update (BU) scheme for RO is proposed, and analyzed using representative work of published literature. This is achieved by employing an extra Home Address Option (HAO) slot, in the registration time, resulting in a significant reduction in the overhead for the BUs. Based on performance analysis, it is demonstrated that the proposed algorithm outperforms other algorithms with regard to the delay.
KeywordsMobile Network Home Agent Correspondent Node Address Information Internet Engineer Task Force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Devarapalli, V., Wakikawa, R., Petrescu, A., Thubert, P.: Network Mobility (NEMO) Basic Support Protocol, IETF, RFC 3963 (January 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Ernst, T., Lach, H.-Y.: NEMO Terminology, draft-ietf-nemo-terminology-04, October 24 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Ernst, T., Mitsuya, K., Uehara, K.: Network Mobility from the InternetCAR Perspective. Journal on Interconnection Networks (September 2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Johnson, D., Perkins, C., Arkko, J.: Mobility Support in IPv6, IETF, RFC 3775 (June 2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Lee, K., et al.: Route Optimization for Mobile Nodes in Mobile Network based on Prefix Delegation. In: Proc. of IEEE 58th Vehicular Technology Conference October 6-9 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Ng, C., Thubert, P., Ohnishi, H., Paik, E.: Taxonomy of Route Optimization models in the NEMO Context, draft-thubert-nemo-ro-taxonomy-04, February 21 (2005), Work in progressGoogle Scholar
- 9.Perkins, C.: IP Mobility support for IPv4, IETF, RFC 3220 (January 2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Thubert, P., Molteni, M.: IPv6 Reverse Routing Header and its application to Mobile Networks, draft-thubert-nemo-reverse-routing-header-05, March 4 (2005), Work in progressGoogle Scholar
- 11.Wakikawa, R., Koshiba, S., Uehara, K., Murai, J.: ORC: Optimized Route Cache Management Protocol for Network Mobility. In: Telecommunications. Proc. of ICT 2003, 10th International Conference, February 23 - March 1, vol. 2, pp. 1194–1200 (2003)Google Scholar