iSCSI Multi-connection and Error Recovery Method for Remote Storage System in Mobile Appliance
The continued growth of both mobile appliance and wireless Internet technologies is bringing a new telecommunication revolution and has extended the demand of various services with mobile appliance. However, during working with wireless access devices, users have a limited amount of storage available to them due to their limited size and weight. To relieve this problem iSCSI (Internet Small Computer Interface) remote storage system would be one solution but the question is high availability and performance. In this paper, we propose a new approach of Multi-Connection in one session based remote storage system for mobile appliance with error recovery method that avoids drastic reduction of transmission rate from TCP congestion control in wireless environment as compared to traditional iSCSI.
KeywordsPacket Loss Mobile Client Error Recovery Congestion Window Data Connection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Park, S., Moon, B.-S., Park, M.-S.: Design, Implement and Performance Analysis of the Remote Storage System in Mobile Environment. In: Proc. ICITA 2004 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Kim, D., Ok, M., Park, M.-s.: An Intermediate Target for Quick-Relay of Remote Storage to Mobile Devices. In: Gervasi, O., Gavrilova, M.L., Kumar, V., Laganá, A., Lee, H.P., Mun, Y., Taniar, D., Tan, C.J.K. (eds.) ICCSA 2005. LNCS, vol. 3481, pp. 1035–1044. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.TechnoMages, Inc. White paper, Performance Comparison of iSCSI and NFS IP Storage ProtocolGoogle Scholar
- 6.Jacobson, V.: Congestion avoidance and control. In: SIGCOMM 1998 (August 1988)Google Scholar
- 7.Caceres, R., Iftode, L.: Improving the Performance of Reliable Transport Protocols in Mobile Computing Environments. In: IEEE JSAC (June 1995)Google Scholar
- 8.RFC 3720- Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) http://www.rfc-archive.org/getrfc.php?rfc=3720
- 9.Savage, S.: Sting: a TCP-based Network Management Tool. In: USENIX symposium on Internet technology and Systems 1999 (October 1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Floyd, S., Fall, K.: Promoting the use of End-to-End Congestion Control in the Internet. IEEE/Acm Transaction on Networking (May 1999)Google Scholar