Seamless and Reliable Mobile Multicast Mechanism in Next Generation Networks
NGN (Next Generation Network) is one of IP-based network that integrates different communication technologies interfacing with each other such as PSTN, ATM, Frame Relay, ADSL, WLAN and so on. In addition, Multicast support in NGN is essential to some specific applications for file transmission in large capacity, video broadcasting and streaming, video conference, and on-line game. To support these multicast applications, some critical problems, such as delay and packet loss in multicast communications among users on different network must be solved. This study proposes a structure to eliminate above problems and it is based on the extension of multicast router functions for efficient, optimum and reliable multicast support in NGN. In other words, our architecture solves the delay problem and dramatically cuts down implosion of feedback information concentrated on senders. Therefore, our approach could be a basic multicasting mechanism to support seamless and reliable mobile multicast in NGN environment.
KeywordsPacket Loss Mobile Host Feedback Information Multicast Tree Multicast Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Johnson, D., Perkins, C., Arkko, J.: Mobility Support in IPv6: RFC3775, IETF (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Deering, S., Hinden, R.: Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification: RFC2460, IETF (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Manner, J., Kojo, M.: Mobility Related Terminology: RFC3753 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.3rd Generation Partnership Project, Technical Specification Group Services and System Aspects: Multimedia Broadcast/Multicast Service, Stage 1 (Release 6): 3GPP TS 22.146 V6.6.0 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.3rd Generation Partnership Project, Technical Specification Group Services and System Aspects: Multimedia Broadcast/Multicast Service (MBMS) user services, Stage 1 (Release 6): 3GPP TS 22.246 V6.6.0 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.3rd Generation Partnership Project, Technical Specification Group Services and System Aspects: Multimedia Broadcast/Multicast Service (MBMS) - Architecture and functional description (Release 6): 3GPP TS 23.146 V6.7.0 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Loughney, J., Nakhjiri, M., Perkins, C., Koodli, R.: Context Transfer Protocol (CXTP): RFC4067, IETF (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Conta, A., Deering, S.: Generic Packet Tunneling in IPv6 Specification: RFC2473 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Adamson, B., Bormann, C., Handley, M., Macker, J.: Negative-acknowledgment (NACK) - Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) Protocol: RFC3940, IETF (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.OMNeT++ version 3.1, http://www.omnetpp.org