Design and Performance Analysis of Multimedia Teachware Making System Using 2D Barcode
With the development of information-communication infrastructure such as Internet, multimedia teachwares in good use of this infrastructure have been developed and serviced in all subjects of all school years in Korea. But there are some drawbacks. Using these multimedia teachwares requires studying and training. Even after that, it is still sophisticated to search information and make it one’s own useful materials. For purpose of overcoming these challenges and maximizing the access and applicability of multimedia teachware, a new system was suggested in this study which combined 2D barcode of ubiquitous technology and the URL(Uniform Resource Location) of multimedia teachware. Performance analysis demonstrates that this system is superior to existing one, and that the minimization of time for bridging the multimedia contents to 2D barcode enables the optimization of performance of the suggested system.
KeywordsMultimedia Content Information Communication Technology Uniform Resource Location Suggested System Downloadable Content
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ministry of Education and Human Resource Development. 2004 White paper of Adapting Education to the Information Age, Korea Education and Research Information Service (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Minwhoa, C.: Trend of standardization of 2 dimensional barcode and the application. Association for Research of Information System (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.ISO/IEC 15438:2001; Information technology - Automatic identification and data capture techniques - Bar code symbology specifications PDF417; ISO/IEC JTC1/SC31 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.ISO/IEC 16022:2000; Information technology – International symbology specification – Data matrix; ISO/IEC JTC1/SC31 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.ISO/IEC 16023:2000; Information technology – International symbology specification – MaxiCode; ISO/IEC JTC1/SC31 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.ISO/IEC 18004:2000: Information technology – Automatic identification and data capture techniques – Bar code symbology – QR Code; ISO/IEC JTC1/SC31 (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Seoul Education Research Institute Teaching & Learning Resource Support Center, “Multimedia Portal”, available at, http://www.ssem.or.kr
- 8.Duzon Code & Tag Co., Ltd, “QRCODE BUILDER”, available at, http://www.duzoncnt.com
- 9.Inventiontech Co., Ltd, “B-300”, available at, http://www.bouse.net