A Study on L2/OPN Design for Grid High Performance Network
As the Internet is widely used, high performance networks and systems prompts appearance of various applications and requests higher capacity resources. Recently, studies on grid are actively conducted to reorganize each computing resource, which used to be dispersed for each application requesting these high capacity calculation resources, into a virtual high capacity resource by connecting to networks. The network needed in the grid environment has been progressed along with the WDM-base Lambda Network that can build a high-bandwidth network for relatively low cost. This paper presents two ways that improve network performance on grid environment. First way is approach to reorganize the existing network into L2/OPN (Optical Private Network) to avoid traffic congestion. And second way is manage TCP windows buffer size to present a suitable TCP size for the Grid environment system.
KeywordsGrid Environment Congestion Window Grid Network Grid Computing Environment Improve Network Performance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Semke, J., Madavi, J., Mathis, M.: Automatic TCP buffer tuing. In: ACM sigcomm 1998/computer communications Review, vol. 28 (October 1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Foster, I., Kesselman, C., Tuecke, S.: The Anatomy of the Grid: Enabling Scalable Virtual Organizations. Int. J. Supercomputer Applications, 15(3) (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Korea Inforon Science Society, Korea Internet Information & Science (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Hwang, I.-S.: Grid with Network, ANF (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Kim, B.J.: TCP congestion Control Mechanism. Network Manias (September 2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Paxson, V.: Measurements and Analysis of End-to-End Internet Dynamics, PhD thesis, University of California, Berkeley (April 1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Lai, K., Baker, M.: Measuring Bandwidth. In: Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM (March 1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Lai, K., Baker, M.: Measuring Link Bandwidths Using a Deterministic Model of Packet Delay. In: Proc. of ACM SIGCOMM (August 2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Sanghi, D., Agrawala, A.K., Jain, B.: Experimental assessment of end-to-end behavior on Internet. In: Proc. IEEE Infocom 1993, pp. 867–874 (March 1993)Google Scholar