Photograph Database for Highway Facility Management in Mobile Mapping System
The photologged database can provide an effective base for the management of information on construction and repair of highway and its auxiliary facilities. This paper is the design of the photograph database. The photograph data is collected with a mobile mapping system composed of the Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) cameras, the Global Positioning System (GPS), and the Inertial Navigation System (INS). This study also provides the methodology for data management with the data collected on a pilot section of highway. The proto-type of the highway facility management system can improve the cognitive power, and enables the extraction of qualitative information on the attributes and the positions of the interested objects.
KeywordsGlobal Position System Inertial Navigation System Global Position System Receiver Highway Section Project File
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ministry of Construction and Transportation. Standards of the Highway Structure and Facility Design (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Ministry of Construction and Transportation. Application of NGIS Digital Maps in Highway and Transportation (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Korea Institute of Construction Technology. Development of Digital Photogrammetry and Real-Time Photogrammetry with the GPS (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Korea Transport Institute. Transportation Facility Survey and Development of Transportation Networks (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Korea Transport Institute. Development of National Transportation Database (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Benning, W., Aussems, T.: Mobile Mapping by a Car-Driven Survey System (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Silberschatz, A.: Database System Concept, 3rd edn. (1996)Google Scholar