The Verification of Linearizer for Wibro PAM
In this paper we designe the pre-distorter of linearizer for Wibro. The proposed pre-distorter apply with phase shifter and variable attenuator can be used to vary increasingly the phase and amplitude of signals to cancel inter-modulation distortion in the in-band spurious signal of power amplifiers. It’s also need to realize generator of inter-modulation distortion (IMD generator). A better approach makes a phase shifter have full variation in state not having variation level, variable attenuator have dynamic range broadly in state not having variation of phase, and IM generator is also made to generate components of inter-modulation distortion easily. We improved result of 12 dB that multi-carrier IMD characteristics is 25 dBc to 37 dBc in same state of 20% efficiency and 26 dB gain of PAM at 25 dBm output by applied with suggested pre-distorter. Index terms—pre-distorter, phase shifter, IM generator, variable attenuator, Wibro PAM.
KeywordsPhase Shifter Power Amplifier Phase Variation Return Loss Variable Attenuator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tupynamba, R.C., Camargo, E.: MESFT Non-linearities Applied to Pre-distortion Linearizer Design. MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest II, 955–958 (1992)Google Scholar
- 2.Noguchi, T., Daido, Y., Noss, J.A.: Modulation techniques for microwave digital radio. IEEE Trans. Comm. COM-33, 442–449 (1985)Google Scholar
- 3.Kurner, T., Fauss, R., Wasch, A.: A Hybrid Propagation Modeling Approach for DCS 1800 Macro Cells. In: Proc. 46th Veh. Tech. Conf., Atlanta, pp. 1628–1632 (April 1996)Google Scholar
- 4.McCarroll, C.P., Alley, G.D., Yates, S., Matreci, R.: A 20GHz Doherty Power Amplifier MMIC with High Efficiency and Low Distortion Designed for Broad Band Digital Communication Systems. In: MTT-s International Microwave Symposium Digest (MWSYM), January 2000, vol. 1, pp. 537–540 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Saso, T., Hasegawa, Y., Saito, Y., Kakuta, Y.: 0.1 CC 60% Efficiency Power Amplifier Multi-chip Modules for Personal Digital Cellular Phones. In: MTT-s International Microwave Symposium Digest (MWSYM), April 1999, vol. 4, pp. 1401–1404 (1999)Google Scholar