The Study on Three Stages in Retinal Mechanism
Recently many researches have been studied in the human vision model to solve the problem of the machine vision. In retina, input data was processed information processing that was data reduction, edge detection, and emphasizing region. The processed image was recognized by brain. Starting from research on the human visual system, we proposed algorithms that process data reduction and edge detection by using wavelet transform and emphasizing region contrast. The proposed retinal model improves sharpening spatial edges in the amacrine outputs. In simulations, the proposed model shows processing the retina outputs in the levels and compares with outputs.
KeywordsHuman Visual System Bipolar Cell Amacrine Cell Edge Information Unsharp Mask
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Firsxhler, M.F., Firschein, O.: Intelligence: The eye, the brain and the computer. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1987)Google Scholar
- 2.Hubel, D.: Eye, Brain, and Vision. Scientific American (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Dobelle, W.H.: Artificial Vision for the Blind by Connecting a Television Camera to the Visual Cortex. ASAIO journal, 3–9 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Brain Science Research Center.: Research on Artificial Audiovisual System based on the Brain Information Processing. Research Paper by the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology. Department of Science Technology (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Richter, J., Ullmom, S.: A model for the temporal organization of X and Y type receptive fields in the primate retina. Biological Cybernetics, 127–145 (1982)Google Scholar
- 6.Shah, S., Levine, M.D.: Information Processing in Primate Retinal Cone Pathways: A Model. TR-CIM-93-18. Centre for Intelligent Machines. McGill University, Montreal (1993)Google Scholar
- 9.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital image processing, 2nd edn. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2001)Google Scholar