An Entropy-Based Stability QoS Multicast Routing Protocol in Ad Hoc Network
Due to the dynamic nature of the network topology and restricted resources, quality of service (QoS) and multicast routing in MANET is a challenging task. This paper discusses the multicast routing problem with multiple QoS constraints, which may deal with the delay, bandwidth and cost metrics, and describes a network model for researching the Ad Hoc network QoS multicast routing problem. It presents an Entropy-based stability QoS Multicast Routing protocol in ad hoc network (EQMR). The key idea of EQMR algorithm is to construct the new metric-entropy and select the stability path with the help of entropy metric to reduce the number of route reconstruction so as to provide QoS guarantee in the ad hoc network. In this paper, the proof of correctness and complexity analysis of the EQMR are also given. The simulation results show that the proposed approach and parameters provide an accurate and efficient method of estimating and evaluating the route stability in dynamic mobile networks.
KeywordsMobile Node Source Node Destination Node Multicast Tree Multicast Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Sun, B.L., Li, L.Y.: A QoS Based Multicast Routing Protocol in Ad Hoc Networks. Chinese Journal of Computers 27(10), 1402–1407 (2004) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, H.T., Zheng, S.R., Song, L.H.: The Researches on Guarantee Mechanisms of QoS in Ad Hoc network. Journal of China Institute of Communications 23(10), 114–120 (2002) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Shen, H., Shi, B.X., Zou, L., et al.: The Location-Based QoS Routing Algorithm in Ad Hoc Network. Journal of China Institute of Communications 24(9), 27–34 (2003) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 10.Royer, E.M., Perkins, C.E.: Multicast Operation of the Ad Hoc On-Demand Distance Vector Routing Protocol. In: ACM MOBICOM, August 1999, pp. 207–218 (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Lin, C.-R.: On-demand QoS Routing in Multihop Mobile Networks. In: Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM 2001, pp. 1735–1744 (2001)Google Scholar
- 14.Bush, S.F., Smith, N.: The Limits of Motion Prediction Support for Ad Hoc Wireless Network Performance. In: The International Conference on Wireless Networks, Vegas, Nevada, June 27-30 (2005)Google Scholar
- 15.Waxman, B.: Routing of Multipoint Connections. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (6), 1617–1622 (1988)Google Scholar
- 16.The Network Simulator - ns-2, http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/