A Combined Technique of Non-uniform Loops
This paper proposes efficient methods such as Improved Tiling Method for non-uniform dependence loops with only flow dependences and Improved Region Partitioning Method for loops with both flow and anti dependences. In the Improved Tiling Method, we propose our incrementing minimum dependence distance technique and loop interchanging technique. In Improved Region Partitioning Method, we eliminate anti dependences from the nested loop by variable renaming. After variable renaming, this method can divide the iteration space into two parallel regions as large as possible and one or less serial region as small as possible. By combination of existing methods and our proposed methods, it exposes more parallelism.
KeywordsExtreme Point Iteration Space Nest Loop Dependence Tail Combine Technique
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lilja, D.J.: Exploiting the parallelism available in loop. IEEE Computer, 13–26 (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.Punyamurtula, S., Chaudhary, V.: Minimum dependence distance tiling of nested loops with non-uniform dependences. In: Proc. Symp. Parallel and Distributed Processing, pp. 74–81 (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.Ju, J., Chaudhary, V.: Unique sets oriented Partitioning of nested loops with non-uniform dependences. In: Proc. Int. Conf. Parallel Processing, vol. III, pp. 45–52 (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Zaafrani, A., Ito, M.R.: Parallel region execution of loops with irregular dependencies. In: Proc. Int. Conf. Parallel Processing, vol. II, pp. 11–19 (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Cho, C.K., Lee, M.H.: A Loop Parallization Method for Nested Loops with Non-uniform Dependences. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems, pp. 314–321 (1997)Google Scholar