A Hybrid Genetic Algorithm/Particle Swarm Approach for Evaluation of Power Flow in Electric Network
This paper presents an investigation of possible hybrid genetic algorithm / particle swarm optimization approaches to evaluate the flow of electric power in power transmission network. The possible schemes are presented and their performances are illustrated by applying them to the power flow problem of the Klos Kerner 11-busbar system. The performance of the hybrid algorithm in terms of reliability is further improved by applying the optimal values for both inertia weight and mutation probability which are found through parameter sensitivity analyses.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Saadat, H.: Power system analysis. McGraw-Hill, New York (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Grainger, J.J., Stevenson Jr., W.D.: Power system analysis. McGraw-Hill, New York (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Wong, K.P., Li, A., Law, M.Y.: Development of constrained-genetic-algorithm load-flow method. IEE Proc. Gener. Transm. Distrib. 144(2) (March 1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Wong, K.P., Li, A., Law, T.M.Y.: Advanced constrained genetic algorithm load flow method. IEE Proc. Gener. Transm. Distrib. 146(6) (November 1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Klos, A., Kerner, A.: The non-uniqueness of load-flow solutions. In: Proceedings of 5th Power system computation conference (PSCC), Cambridge, UK, July 1975, vol. 3.1(8) (1975)Google Scholar
- 9.Holland, J.H.: Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems. Univ. Michigan Press, Ann Arbor (1975)Google Scholar
- 11.Shi, Y., Eberhart, R.C.: A modified particle swarm optimizer. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation, Anchorage, Alaska, May 4-9 (1998)Google Scholar