A New Intelligent Diagnostic Method for Machine Maintenance
Fuzzy neural networks display good capacity for self-adaptation and self-learning, and wavelet transformation or analysis reveals time frequency location characteristics and a multi-scale ability. Inspired by these advantages, a new intelligent diagnostic method for machine maintenance, wavelet fuzzy neural network (WFNN), is proposed in this paper. This new intelligent diagnostic method uses wavelet basis function as a membership function whose shape can be adjusted on line so that the networks have better learning and adaptive ability. An on-line learning algorithm is applied to automatically construct the wavelet fuzzy neural network. There are no rules initially in the wavelet fuzzy neural network, they are created and adapted as on-line learning proceeds via simultaneous structure and parameter learning. The advantages of this learning algorithm are that it converges quickly and the obtained fuzzy rules are more precise. The results of simulation show that this new intelligent diagnostic method has the advantages of a faster learning rate and higher diagnostic precision.
KeywordsMembership Function Fuzzy Rule Fault Diagnosis Fuzzy Inference System Fuzzy Neural Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kosko, B.: Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems Đ A Dynamical Systems Approach to Machine Intelligence. Prentice-Hall, Englewood CliffsGoogle Scholar
- 6.Jang, J.-S.R.: Fuzzy controller design without domain expert. IEEE Inter. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, 289–296 (1992)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, L.-X., Mendel, J.M.: Back-propagation fuzzy system as nonlinear dynamic system identifiers. In: IEEE Internat. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 1409–1418 (1992)Google Scholar
- 8.Shibata, T., Fukuda, T., Kosuge, K., Arai, F.: Skill based control by using fuzzy neural network for hierarchical intelligent control. In: Proc. IJCNN, pp. 81–86 (1992)Google Scholar
- 9.Fukuda, T., Shibata, T.: Hierarchical intelligent control for robotic motion by using fuzzy. In: Artificial Intelligence, and Neural Network. Proc. IJCNN 1992, pp. 269–274 (1992)Google Scholar
- 10.Nakayama, S., Horikawa, F.S.: T., Uchikawa,Y.: Knowledge acquisition of strategy and tactics using fuzzy neural networks. In: Proc. IJCNN 1992, pp. 751–756 (1992)Google Scholar
- 16.Thuillard, M.: Applications of wavelets and wavenets in soft computing illustrated with the example of fire detectors. In: SPIE Wavelet Applications VII, Orlando, April 24-28 (2000b) (in press)Google Scholar
- 18.Misiti, M., Misiti, Y., et al.: Wavelet Toolbox User’s Guide. The Math Works Inc. (1996)Google Scholar