Modeling and Design of Agent Grid Based Open Decision Support System
Decision Support Systems (DSS) are computer-based information systems that help decision-makers solve half-structured or non-structured problems by using data and models. They are facing some serious problems in the heterogeneous, autonomic, dynamic and distributed decision support environment. As an advanced technology representing "the third Internet revolution", Grid brings about a lot of innovative ideas and technologies for the development of DSS. As an application of Grid in the field of DSS, this paper puts forward an improved model of Agent Grid Based DSS. A set of design methods of the system is discussed. With the National Economic Mobilization DSS as a practical case, we illustrate how the model works in practice.
KeywordsDecision Support System Agent Group Grid Service Defense Advance Research Project Agency Grid Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Dong, C.J., Loo, G.S.: Flexible Web-Based Decision Support System Generator (FWDSSG) Utilising Software Agents. In: DEXA Workshop 2001, pp. 892–897 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Foster, I., Kesselman, C.: The Grid: Blueprint for a New Computing Infrastructure, 2nd edn. Morgan Kaufmann, San Fransisco (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Chi, J., Chen, X., Ling, S.: A Study on the Framework of Grid Based Decision Support System. In: Proceedings of 2003 International Conference on Management Science & Engineering, Georgia, USA, pp. 45–49 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Ju, C., Ling, Y., Timoth, J.N.: Agent-Based and Software Composite DDSS. In: Proceedings of 36th International Conference on the Technology of Object-Oriented Languages and Systems, Xi’an, China, October 2000, pp. 50–57 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Manola, F., Thompson, C.: Characterizing the Agent Grid. (2001), http://www.objs.com/agility/tech-reports
- 10.Kettler, B.: The CoABS Grid: Technical Vision, http://coabs.globalinfotek.com/public/downloads/Grid/documents/ Grid Vision Doc Draft 2-3 2001-09-30.doc (September 2001)