A Vickrey-Type Multi-attribute Auction Model
Internet auction is not only an integral part of Electronic Commerce but is also becoming a promising field for applying autonomous agents and multi-agent system (MAS) technologies. And auction, as an efficient resource allocation method, has an important role in MAS problems and as such is receiving increasing attention from scholars. This paper suggests a protocol (VAMA) and strategies for multi-attribute auction. Some useful properties such as strategy-proof are also proven. This paper also includes an analysis of the strategy of the buyer, and gives a decentralized mechanism for VAMA implementation as well as discussing some questions about VAMA. Finally, this protocol is compared with existing ones, improving on the work of Esther David etc.
KeywordsMultiagent System Dominant Strategy Striking Price Combinatorial Auction English Auction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Takayuki, Suyama, Yokoo, M.: Strategy/ False-name Proof Protocols for Combinatorial Multi-Attribute Procurement Auction. In: AAMAS 2004, New York, USA, July 19-23 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Yokoo, M.: Characterization of Strategy/False-name Proof Combinatorial Auction Protocols: Price-oriented, Rationing-free Protocol. In: Proceedings of 19th International Joint Conference On Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2003), pp. 733–739 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Sandholm, T., Larson, K., Andersson, M., Shehory, O., Tohme, F.: Coalition structure generation with worst case guarantees. Artificial Intelligence Journal (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Hunsberger, L., Grosz, B.J.: A combinatorial auction for collaborative lanning. In: Proc. 4th International Conference on Multi-Agent Systems (ICMAS 2000), pp. 151–158 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Parkes, D.C., Kalagnanam, J.: Multiattribute Reverse Auctions. Presented at AAAI (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.David, E., Azoulay-Schwartz, R., Kraus, S.: An English Auction Protocol for Multi-Attribute Items. In: AMEC 2002, pp. 52–68 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.David, E., Azoulay-Schwartz, R., Kraus, S.: Bidders’ Strategy for Automated Multi-Attribute sequential English Auction with a Deadline. In: The Second International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent systems, pp. 457–464 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Bichler, M.: An Experimental Analysis of Multi-Attribute Auctions. Decision Support System 28 (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Bichler, M., BidTaker: An Application of Multi-Attribute Auction Markets in Tourism. Presented and Wirtschaftsinformatik 2002, Augsburg, Germany (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Sandholm, T.: Issues in Computational Vickrey Auctions. International Journal of Electronic Commerce 4(3), 107–129 (2000)Google Scholar