Associative Classification with Prediction Confidence
Associative classification which uses association rules for classification has achieved high accuracy in comparison with other classification approaches. However, the confidence measure which is conventionally used for selecting association rules for classification may not conform to the prediction accuracy of the rules. In this paper, we propose a measure called prediction confidence to measure the prediction accuracy of association rules. In addition, a probabilistic-based approach for estimating prediction confidence of association rules is given and its performance is evaluated. The use of prediction confidence helps improve the performance of associative classifiers.
KeywordsPrediction Accuracy Association Rule Class Label Classification Process Association Rule Mining
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agrawal, R., Srikant, R.: Fast algorithms for mining association rules. In: Proc. of the 20th Int’l Conf. on Very Large Databases (VLDB 1994), Santiago, Chile, June 1994, pp. 487–499 (1994)Google Scholar
- 2.Liu, B., Hsu, W., Ma, Y.: Integrating classification and association rule mining. In: Proc. of the Fourth International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, New York, pp. 80–86 (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Liu, B., Ma, Y., Wong, C.K.: Classification Using Association Rules: Weaknesses and Enhancements. In: Kumar, V., et al. (eds.) Data mining for scientific applications (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, W., Han, J., Pei, J.: CMAR: Accurate and efficient classification based on multiple class-association rules. In: Proc. of ICDM (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.UCI Machine Learning Repository, Available online at http://www.ics.uci.edu/~mlearn/MLRepository.html
- 6.Kohavi, R., John, G., Long, R., Manley, D., Pfleger, K.: MLC++: A machine learning library in C++. Tools with Artificial Intelligence, 740–743 (1994)Google Scholar