A Clustering Algorithm Based on Density Kernel Extension
A new type of clustering algorithm called CADEKE is presented in this paper. CADEKE creates an extended density kernel structure for every cluster by using its neighborhood coefficient. Those unprocessed objects found in current kernel structure are added to extend the kernel structure until no new object is found. Each density kernel structure is regarded as one cluster. CADEKE requires only one input parameter as the initial radius of finding the density kernel and has no limitation on density threshold. Other characteristics include the capacity of discovering clusters with arbitrary shapes and processing the noise data. The results of our experiments demonstrate that CADEKE is significantly more accurate in discovering density-changeable clustering than the algorithm DBSCAN, and that CADEKE is less sensitive to input parameters.
KeywordsCluster Algorithm Density Kernel Arbitrary Shape Point Density Density Threshold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Han, J.W., Kambr, M.: Data Mining Concepts and Techniques. Higher Education Press, Beijing (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Hinneburg, A., Keim, D.A.: An efficient approach to clustering in large multimedia databases with noise. In: KDD 1998, New York, pp. 58–65 (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Ester, M., Kriegel, H.-P., Sander, J., Xu, X.: A Density-Based Algorithm for Discovering Clusters in Large Spatial Databases with Noise. In: KDD 1996, Portland, OR, pp. 226–231 (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Ankerst, M., Breunig, M.M., Kriegel, H.-P., Sander, J.: OPTICS: Ordering Points To Identify the Clustering Structure. In: Proc. ACM SIGMOD 1999 Int. Conf. on Management of Data, Philadelphia, PA, pp. 49–60 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Yanchang, Z., Fan, X., Junde, S.: DILC:A clustering Algorithm Based On Density-isoline. Journal of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunication 25(2), 8–13 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Available on the WWW at http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~karypis/cluto/download.html
- 7.Zhao, Y., Karypis, G.: Criterion Functions for Document Clustering: Experiment and analysis, Available at http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~karypis/publications/Papers/