A Statistical Image Fusion Scheme for Multi Focus Applications
In this paper, we propose a statistical scheme to judge the activity level measurement (ALM) that is based on wavelet-domain hidden Markov model (WD-HMM) and maximum likelihood (MLK). The source images are firstly decomposed by the wavelets and only the coefficients in the high frequency (HH) are utilized. Considering the shift-variance of wavelets, the merged image is obtained from the source images directly. The regions of each source image are obtained by the Hough transform (HT) and their ALM are decided by the ALM of their coefficients in HH according to MLK. Finally, two multi focus images are merged by our new framework. The fusion results show the high ability of our scheme in preserving edge information and avoiding shift-variant.
KeywordsHide Markov Model Image Fusion Source Image Hide State Multi Focus Image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Rabiner, L.: A Tutorial on Hidden Markov Models and Selected Applications in Speech Recognition. Proc. of IEEE Signal Processing 77, 257–285 (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Crouse, M.S., Baraniuk, R.G.: Contextual Hidden Markov Models for Wavelet-domain Signal Processing. In: Proc. of 31st Asilomar Conf. on Signals, Systems and Computers (November 1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Xuan, Y., Hai, Y.W., Hong, P.J.: Fusion Multifocus Image Using Wavelet Decomposition. ACTA Electronica Sinica 29(6), 846–848 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Liao, Z., Shaoxiang, H., Huang, T.Z.: Line Segments and Dominate Points Detection Based on Hough Transform. In: Hao, Y., Liu, J., Wang, Y.-P., Cheung, Y.-m., Yin, H., Jiao, L., Ma, J., Jiao, Y.-C. (eds.) CIS 2005. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 3802, pp. 917–922. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Shaoxiang, H., Liao, Z., Tang, Y.Y.: Image Fusion for a Digital Camera Application Based on Wavelet Domain Hidden Markov Models. In: Proceeding of the 3rd International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics 2004, Shanghai, China, pp. 4356–4361 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Ouda, R.O., Hart, P.E.: Use of the Hough transformation to detect lines and curves in pictures. Commun. ACM 1(15), 11–15 (1972)Google Scholar