Speckle Suppressing Based on Fuzzy Generalized Morphological Filter
A new filtering scheme using fuzzy generalized morphological operators is proposed for suppressing speckle noise in images. The algorithm employs generalized morphological close-open and open-close operations with a directional structuring element, and acquires the several filtered versions with different directional structure elements respectively, then computes the fuzzy membership of the versions’ every pixel according to the designed fuzzy rule. The final filtered image is composed of all the pixels with corresponding maximal membership. Experiment result shows that performance of the proposed scheme is superior to that of lee’s filter, F.safa’s algorithm and weighted morphological filter.
KeywordsSynthetic Aperture Radar Fuzzy Membership Synthetic Aperture Radar Image Noisy Image Speckle Noise
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lee, J.S.: Speckle suppression and analysis for synthetic aperture radar. Opt. Eng. 25(5), 636–643 (1986)Google Scholar
- 4.Tukey, J.W.: Exploratory data analysis, pp. 18–68. Addison-Wesley, MA (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Grimmins, T.R.: Geometric filter for reducing speckle. Opt. Eng. 25(4), 652–654 (1986)Google Scholar
- 6.Dong, Y., Forster, B.C., Milne, A.K., Morgan, G.A.: Speckle suppression using recur-sive wavelet transform. Int. J. Remote Sensing 19(2), 317–310 (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Lee, J.S., Jurkevich, I., Dewalle, P., Wambacq, P., Oosterlink, A.: Speckle filtering of synthetic aperture radar images: A review. Remote Sensing Rev. 8(4), 313–340 (1994)Google Scholar
- 10.ChunHui, Z., ShengHe, S., JingLu, Q.: A generalized morphological filter based on adaptive weighted average. Chinese Journal of Electronics 6(3), 76–81 (1997)Google Scholar
- 12.Dewaele, P., Wambacq, P., Oosterlinck, A., et al.: Comparison of some speckle reduction techniques for SAR Images. In: IGRASS 1990, pp. 2417–2422. The University of Maryland college Park, Maryland (1990)Google Scholar