To Diagnose a Slight and Incipient Fault in a Power Plant Thermal System Based on Symptom Zoom Technology and Fuzzy Pattern Recognition Method
To diagnose a slight and incipient fault in a power plant thermal system correctly and timely, a new fault recognition approach is put forward by using fault symptom zoom technology(SZT) and fuzzy pattern recognition method. By studying the rules of the faults pertinent to energy and mass balance in a power plant thermal system, a new fault symptom preprocessing method, which is called “fault symptom zoom technology”, is put forward to preprocess the fault characteristic parameters. The complexity of the thermal system fault knowledge library can be effectively reduced and the slight fault recognition ability can be greatly enhanced with SZT. The fault fuzzy pattern recognition method is introduced. A new general-purpose fuzzy recognition function is given, which can fit for various kinds of fault symptoms and is with favorable fault classifying ability. Some examples for incipient and slight fault diagnosis for a power plant thermal system are given to verify the effectiveness of the method.
KeywordsFault Diagnosis Membership Grade Zoom Factor Incipient Fault Fault Diagnosis Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yanjun, D., Peihong, W., Zhenzhong, L.: A novel method of early fault detection and diagnosis for technical process. Proceedings of the CSEE 20(3), 61–65 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Weijuan, Y., Junhu, Z., Xinyu, C.: Analyse on heat calculation of boiler tubes leakage. Proceedings of the CSEE 20(8), 85–88 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Liangyu, M., Bingshu, W., Jianqiang, G.: Fault intelligent diagnosis for high-pressure feed-water heater system of a 300MW coal-fired power unit based on improved BP neural network. In: 2002 IEEE/PES international conference on power system technology proceedings, Kunming, vol. 3, pp. 1535–1539 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Peihong, W., Yuna, Z., Junying, J.: Application of fuzzy pattern recognition to fault diagnosis of the condenser. Proceedings of the CSEE 19(10), 46–49 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Liangyu, M., Bingshu, W., Zhensheng, T.: Fuzzy pattern recognition and artificial neural network used for fault diagnosis of the double-channel condenser. Proceedings of the CSEE 21(6), 68–73 (2001)Google Scholar