Design and Implementation of a Mobile Class Web Site Using Intelligent User Interface
The purpose of this paper is to design and implement a mobile class Web site for elementary schools using intelligent user interface. Especially, our mobile class Web site encourages parents to participate in various school matters including their children’s scholastic achievements. Traditional class Web sites provide information to parents through wired networks. Recently, with the development of wireless data transmission technologies, traditional class Web sites can be linked with wireless networks. Armed with wireless transmission handset devices such as cellular phones and PDA (personal digital assistants), students’ parents can get class information directly through those devices. This work is to develop class Web sites that can be synergistically linked between wired and wireless networks. The communication through both wired and wireless networks enables students’ parents to overcome the limitation of space and time and further promotes better collaboration with teachers. The survey results show that our class Web site promotes active participation of parents.
KeywordsCellular Phone Information Communication Technology School Life School Event Initial Screen
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kim, C.: A Study on the Development of Mobile Cultural Contents, Master’s Thesis, Graduate School of Arts, Chungang University, Korea (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Jang, B.: Design and Implementation of Educational Information Delivery System using Wireless Internet, Master’s Thesis, Hanyang Univ., Seoul, Korea (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Hamby, J.V.: The School-Family Link: A Key to Dropout Prevention. In: Kaplan, L., Allyn, Bacon (eds.) Education and the Family, Massachusetts, USA (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Kim, D.: Design of a Distance Education System using Wireless Internet, Master’s Thesis, Dept. of Computer Information, Konkook University, Korea (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Park, K.: Design and Implementation of English Listening Study System in Mobile Environment, Graduate School of Education, Silla University, Korea (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Jeong, M., Seol, M.: Design and Realization of a Cyber Lecture System Using the Wireless Internet. In: Proceedings of KAIE, Cheju, Korea, vol. 9(1), pp. 131–138 (January 2004)Google Scholar
- 14.Lee, B.: A Study on the Design Guide for Beginners in Mobile Internet, Master’s Thesis, Dept. of Information & Industrial Engineering, Hongik University, Korea (2002)Google Scholar