Design and Implementation of a Game Physics Editor Using XML
It is not easy to develop a game that applies physical laws. In this paper we proposed a physics editor to make it easy to produce a physics game. The physics editor uses XML for processing attribute values of each object. This paper presents the architecture of the physics editor, and describes its detailed components. The physics editor provides an efficient method that is easily applied to physical attributes of all objects in the game. In this paper, we showed the process of a car’s creation, using the physics editor. The physics editor that is presented in this paper automatically creates physical objects, but it is limited to the rigid body for car racing.
KeywordsVirtual Environment Physics Engine Extensible Markup Vehicle Class Detailed Component
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kook, H.J., Novak Jr, G.S.: Representation of models for solving real world physics problems. In: Proceedings of the Sixth conference on Artificial Intelligence for Appliances, pp. 274–280 (1990)Google Scholar
- 2.Open Dynamics Engine, http://ode.org
- 3.Math Engine, http://www.mathengine.com
- 4.Hovok, http://www.havok.com
- 5.Meqon, http://www.meqon.com
- 6.Extensible Markup Language, http://www.w3c.org/XML/