Federate Migration in Grid-Based Virtual Wargame Collaborative Environment
Recently, grid-based virtual wargame collaborative environment has become a hot topic, in which load balance plays an important role. In this paper, we survey existing technologies in federate migration for the purpose of balancing load, and focus on the selection of destination node for a federate to migrate to. Different from traditional methods, the proposed method takes into consideration not only the load of CPU & memory, but also communications among federates when selecting the destination node. Moreover, the procedure of migration is described and a prototype is implemented on the basis of Globus Toolkit 3.0 to validate its functionality and performance.
KeywordsSource Node Destination Node Migration Time Grid Service High Level Architecture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Xie, Y., Teo, Y.M., Cai, W., Turner, S.J.: Extending HLAs Interoperability and Reusability to the Grid. In: 19th ACM/IEEE/SCS Workshop on Principles of Advanced and Distributed Simulation (PADS 2005), USA (June 2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Brunton, R.P.Z., Morse, K.L., Drake, D.L., Moller, B., Karlsson, M.: Design Principles for a Grid-Based HLA Federation. In: Proceedings of the IEEE 2004 European Simulation Interoperability Workshop, Paper 04E-SIW-056 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Luthi, J., Grossmann, S.: The Resource Sharing System: Dynamic Federate Mapping for HLA-based Distributed Simulation. In: Proceedings of 15th Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Simulation, pp. 91–98 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Zajac, K., Bubak, M., Malawski, M., Sloot, P.: Towards a Grid Management System for HLA Cbased Interactive Simulations. In: The Seventh IEEE International Symposium on Distributed Simulation and Real-Time Applications, pp. 4–11 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Eklof, M., Sparf, M., Moradi, F.: Peer-to-peer-based Resource Management in Support of HLA-based Distributed Simulations. Simulation-Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International, 181–190 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Cai, W., Turner, S.J., Zhao, H.: A Load Management System for Running HLA-Based Distributed Simulations over the Grid. In: The 6th IEEE International Workshop on Distributed Simulation and Real-Time Applications, pp. 7–14 (2002)Google Scholar