Smart Ambience Games for Children with Learning Difficulties
Smart Ambience Games (or SAG) combines interactive media with smart ambience technologies to create a motivating environment for children with learning difficulties to overcome barriers in art education. Through a development of innovative motion and gesture capture and detection techniques, we create a smart ambience that enables students to interact intuitively with a virtual environment to create a rich variety of multimedia forms and space without the use of specific physical tools. Through various interactive activities and game scenarios, particular subjects such as history and mathematics can be taught through developed VR games that can help students to overcome inhibitions related to learning, become more active learners and stimulate creativity in art education.
KeywordsVirtual Environment Motion Capture Learn Difficulty Brush Stroke Silhouette Image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ip, H.S., Young, H., Tang, A.: Body-Brush: A Body-driven Interface for Visual Aesthetics. In: ACM International Conference on Multimedia, pp. 664–665 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Ip, H.S., Young, H., Tang, A.: Body Brush: Generating Virtual 3D Painting through Body Motion. In: SIGGRAPH 2003: Emerging Technologies (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Ip, H.S., Young, H., Tang, A.: Body Brush. Prix Ars Electronica, Ars Electronica Festival (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Sparacino, F., Wren, C., Davenport, G., Pentland, A.: Augmented Performance in Dance and Theater. International Dance and Technology 99, 25–28 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Paradiso, J.A.: New Instruments and Gestural Sensors for Musical Interaction and Performance. MIT Media Lab, Cambridge (1998)Google Scholar