Digitization of Culture Heritage Based on Tour into the Picture
Tour into the picture (TIP) is a technique that can make animation from one 2D image of a scene. Compared to traditional geometry based modeling method, it is not only realized easily, but also can provide better effects of navigation. Based on the previous research experience, this paper mainly introduces the application of TIP for digitization of Culture Heritage by using relative depth calculation and cubic panorama. Finally, by using a hybrid NPR/TIP approach, we provide stylized interactive and real-time scenes walkthrough so as to convey a kind of specific cultural spirits.
KeywordsInput Image Culture Heritage Virtual Environment Background Model Target Image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Klein, A.W., Li, W., Kazhdan, M.M., Corra, W.T., Finkelstein, A., Funkhouser, T.A.: Non-photorealistic virtual environments. In: Proceedings of ACM SIGGRAPH 2000 (27th International Conference on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques), pp. 527–534 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Zhao, Y., Zhang, Y.-P., Xu, D.: Non-Photorealistic Tour Into Panorama. In: International Conference Computational Science and Its Applications (May 2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Horry, Y., Anjyo, K., Arai, K.: Tour Into the Picture: Using a Spidery Mesh Interface to Make Animation from a Single Image. In: ACM SIGGRAPH 1997 Conference Proceedings, vol. 1(5), pp. 225–232 (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, N., Huang, Z.: Touring into the picture revisited. In: Proceedings of the 9th International Conference in Central Europe on Computer Graphics Visualization & Digital Interactive Media 2001, pp. 41–48 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Maricar, W.: Detail Synthesis: Solving the Tour Into The Picture Problem. Master project report, School of Computer Science, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (April 2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Kan, Z., Zhiqing, C., Jiaoying, S.: Application of Tour Into the Picture Using Relative Depth Calculation. Journal of Computer-Aided Design & Computer Graphics 17(10), 2184–2190 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Kang, H.W., Pyo, S.H., Anjyo, K., Shin, S.Y.: Tour Into the Picture using a Vanishing Line and its Extension to Panoramic Images. In: Eurographics 2001, vol. 20(3) (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Efros, A.A., Freeman, W.T.: Image quilting for texture synthesis and transfer. In: the Proceedings of the 28th annual conference on Computer graphics and interactive techniques, pp. 341–346 (2001)Google Scholar