An Integrated Color Changing Simulation System Based on Colorimetric and Chemical Modeling
Employing computer techniques to visualize the color changing of Dunhuang Frescoes is of great significance since the audience can re-experience this process and the protectors can discuss the protection measures according to the simulated video clips and thus help them make their decision more scientifically. But previously, because colorimetric and chemical modeling was not introduced to simulate the color changing of frescoes, there was a lack of objectivity and sense of reality. In this paper, however, two kinds of color changing, namely, color changing due to chemical changing of the pigment as well as dust accumulation, are modeled. Since this modeling describes the natural behavior of the color changing process, the simulation result is quite striking.
KeywordsVideo Clip Chemical Modeling Natural Behavior Depth Modeling Lead Dioxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shi, X., Lu, D.: Colorimetric and Chemical Modeling Based Aging Simulation of Dunhuang Murals. In: The Fifth International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, CIT 2005, pp. 570–574 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Dorsey, J., Hanrahan, P.: Modeling and Rendering of Metallic Patinas. In: Proceedings of ACM SIGGRAPH 1996, pp. 387–396 (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Dorsey, J., Edelman, A., Jensen, H.W., Legakis, J., Pedersen, H.K.: Modeling and Rendering of Weathered Stone. In: Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 1999, pp. 225–234 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Yi, L., Dongming, L.: Technical Research on Virtual Color Shading of Dunhuang Fresco. Application Research of Computers 17(12), 12–14 (2000) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhong, H., Dongming, L.: Research on Virtual Color Restoration and Gradual Changing Simulation of Duhuang Fresco. Journal of Image and Graphics 7(2), 181–185 (2002) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Shunqing, T.: Colorimetry. Beijing Institute of Technology Press, Beijing (1990) (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Yi, L., Dongming, L., Yunhe, P.: Image Processing for Virtual Recovery of Murals. In: Proceedings of CAD/GRAPHICS 2001, vol. 2, pp. 539–542 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Yi, L., Dongming, L., Yunhe, P.: Knowledge-based Virtual Restoration for Artworks. In: Proceedings of CISST 2001, vol. 2, pp. 437–443 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Pharr, M., Hanrahan, P.: Monte Carlo Evaluation of Non-linear Scattering Equations for Subsurface Reflection. In: SIGGRAPH 2000, pp. 75–84 (2000)Google Scholar