Probability Evolutionary Algorithm Based Human Body Tracking
A novel evolutionary algorithm called Probability Evolutionary Algorithm (PEA), and a method based on PEA for visual tracking of human body are presented. PEA is inspired by the Quantum computation and the Quantum-inspired Evolutionary Algorithm, and it has a good balance between exploration and exploitation with very fast computation speed. In the PEA based human tracking framework, tracking is considered to be a function optimization problem, so the aim is to optimize the matching function between the model and the image observation. Then PEA is used to optimize the matching function. Experiments on synthetic and real image sequences of human motion demonstrate the effectiveness, significance and computation efficiency of the proposed human tracking method.
KeywordsHuman Motion Human Model Visual Tracking Tracking Result Matching Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hu, W.M., Tan, T.N., Wang, L., Maybank, S.J.: A survey on visual surveillance of object motion and behaviors. IEEE Trans. on System Man and Cybernetics 34, 334–351 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Gavrila, D., Davis, L.: 3D model based tracking of humans inaction: A multiview approach. In: IEEE Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, San Francisco, California, pp. 73–80 (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Deutscher, J., Davidson, A., Reid, I.: Articulated partitioning of high dimensional search spaces associated with articulated body motion capture. In: IEEE Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Hawaii, pp. 669–676 (2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Wu, Y., Hua, G., Yu, T.: Tracking Articulated Body by Dynamic Markov Network. In: Proceedings of the Ninth IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 1096–1101 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhao, T., Nevatia, R.: Tracking Multiple Humans in Crowded Environment. In: IEEE Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 342–349 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Shen, S.H., Jiang, W.K., Chen, W.R.: Research of Probability Evolutionary Algorithm. In: 8th International Conference for Young Computer Scientists, Beijing, pp. 93–97 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Poser Software: Available from http://www.curiouslabs.com