Immune Multiobjective Optimization Algorithm for Unsupervised Feature Selection
A feature selection method for unsupervised learning is proposed. Unsupervised feature selection is considered as a combination optimization problem to search for the suitable feature subset and the pertinent number of clusters by optimizing the efficient evaluation criterion for clustering and the number of features selected. Instead of combining these measures into one objective function, we make use of the multiobjective immune clonal algorithm with forgetting strategy to find the more discriminant features for clustering and the most pertinent number of clusters. The results of experiments on synthetic data and real datasets from UCI database show the effectiveness and potential of the method.
KeywordsFeature Selection Pareto Front Feature Subset Nondominated Solution Feature Subset Selection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Dash, M., Choi, K., Scheuermann, P., Liu, H.: Feature Selection for Clustering - A Filter Solution. In: Proceedings of 2nd IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM 2002), pp. 115–122 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Morita, M., Sabourin, R., Bortolozzi, F., Suen, C.Y.: Unsupervised Feature Selection Using Multi-Objective Genetic Algorithms for Handwritten Word Recognition. In: Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition, pp. 666–670 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Kim, Y.S., Street, W.N., Menczer, F.: Feature Selection in Unsupervised Learning via Evolutionary Search. In: Proc. 6th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 365–369 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, R., Bhanu, B., Dong, A.: Coevolutionary Feature Synthesized EM Algorithm for Image Retrieval. In: Proceedings of the Application of Computer Multimedia, pp. 696–705 (2005)Google Scholar
- 15.Du, H.F., Jiao, L.C., Wang, S.A.: Clonal Operator and Antibody Clone Algorithms. In: Proceedings of the First International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Beijing, pp. 506–510 (2002)Google Scholar