A Wavelet Analysis Based Data Processing for Time Series of Data Mining Predicting
This paper presents wavelet method for time series in business-field forecasting. An autoregressive moving average (ARMA) model is used, it can model the near-periodicity, nonstationarity and nonlinearity existed in business short-term time series. According to the wavelet denoising, wavelet decomposition and wavelet reconstruction, the hidden period and the nonstationarity existed in time series are extracted and separated by wavelet transformation. The characteristic of wavelet decomposition series is applied to BP networks and an autoregressive moving average (ARMA) model. It shows that the proposed method can provide more accurate results than the conventional techniques, like those only using BP networks or autoregressive moving average (ARMA) models.
KeywordsWavelet Decomposition Original Time Series Wavelet Denoising Autoregressive Moving Average Forecast Precision
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Agrawal, D., Aggarwal, C.C.: On the design and quantification of privacy preserving data mining algorithms. In: PODS, pp. 247–255 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Christopher, J.C.B.: A Tutorial on Support Vector Machines for Pattern Recognition. Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Jianze, W., Qiwen, R., Yaochao, J., Zhuo, L.: Frequency Domain Analysis of Wavelet Transform in Harmonics Detection. AEPS 22(7), 40–43 (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Rahman, M.S.: Analysis and evaluation of five short term load forecasting techniques. IEEE Trans. Power Systems 5(4), 1484–1491 (1989)Google Scholar
- 15.Hongwei, Z., Zhen, R., Weiying, H.: A Short Load Forecasting Method Based on PAR Model. Proceedings of the CSEE 17(5), 348–351 (1997)Google Scholar