Reachability Analysis of Large-Scale Affine Systems Using Low-Dimensional Polytopes
This paper presents a method for computing the reach set of affine systems for sets of initial states given as low-dimensional polytopes. An affine representation for polytopes is introduced to improve the efficiency of set representations. Using the affine representation, we present a procedure to compute conservative over-approximations of the reach set, which uses the Krylov subspace approximation method to handle large-scale affine systems (systems of order over 100).
KeywordsKrylov Subspace Reachability Analysis Krylov Subspace Method Hybrid Dynamic System Linear System Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Girard, A., Pappas, G.J.: Approximation metrics for discrete and continuous systems. Technical Report MS-CIS-05-10, Dept. of CIS, University of Pennsylvania (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Ma, J.D., Rutenbar, R.A.: Interval-valued reduced order statistical interconnect modeling. In: Computer Aided Design, 2004. IEEE/ACM International Conference on, pp. 1092–3152 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.de Figueiredo, L.H., Stolf, J.: Self-Validated Numerical Methods and Applications, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Brazilian Mathematics Colloquium monograph, IMPA (1997)Google Scholar
- 14.Golub, G.H., Van Loan, C.F.: Matrix Computations, 3rd edn. The John Hopkins University Press (1996)Google Scholar
- 15.Han, Z.: Reachability analysis of continuous dynamic systems using dimension reduction and decomposition. PhD thesis, Carnegie Mellon University (2005)Google Scholar
- 16.Farlow, S.J.: Partial Differential Equations for Scientists and Engineers. Dover Publications, Inc. (1993)Google Scholar